I am grateful to be a part of CONNECT FAITH because it provides vital resources to faith communities in need and teaches clergy and leadership how to make their communities into safe spaces for all who are impacted by intimate partner violence.” -– Leigh Murname, volunteer
Faith-based organizations can play a critical role in creating safe communities. As part of its comprehensive approach to preventing and ending intimate partner violence, CONNECT Faith works with diverse religious groups and secular advocates throughout New York City to provide expert training and practical advice to strengthen their efforts.
CONNECT Faith offers:
• customized training programs for clergy, seminarians, members of faith-based communities and lay leaders
• advice on changing the beliefs and practices that lead to abuse
• assistance in developing religious and culturally relevant programs and policies
• referrals for faith-based counseling for victims, survivor s and perpetrators
• training for secular advocates and agencies in effective ways of addressing a client’s religious and spiritual concerns
The monthly Interfaith Theological Roundtable is an ongoing supportive, educational and healing space to discuss challenges of intervention and prevention in a faith based context. It meets every third Thursday of the month. All are welcome.
For more information about CONNECT Faith, please contact:
212.683.0015 ext. 216